All India Institute of Medical Sciences conducts the MBBS entrance exam every year which is known as AIIMS. AIIMS is an all India Basis undergraduate medical entrance exam for admission in the MBBS program. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (New Delhi) is the sole authority to organize this examination. AIIMS 2021 will be held in May 2021. In order to appear in this exam, the candidate should know about the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Syllabus and Exam pattern.
AIIMS 2021 Syllabus
AIIMS MBBS 2021 syllabus is wide and vast in nature. 12 class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science is treated as the AIIMS Syllabus. There will have 200 (multiple choice and reason-assertion type) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and General Knowledge. The duration of the exam is 3.5 hours. The AIIMS syllabus is given below –
- Circular Motion
- Wave Motion: Optics
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, first law of Thermodynamics.
- Electro-Magnetic Induction
- Nuclear Physics
- Electronic Devices
- Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Molecule and Chemical Bond
- Periodic Properties of Elements
Section B: Organic Chemistry
Chemistry of Elements and Compounds
Section C: Physical Chemistry
- State of Matter
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Reproductive System
- Developmental Biology
- Diversity of Animal Life
- Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis)
Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development.
- Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants
- Internal structure of stem and secondary growth
- Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis.
- History, Importance, Factors and mechanism
- Transpiration and respiration
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots
- Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals.
- Tropic and turgor movements
- Botany and Human Welfare
Exam pattern of AIIMS 2021
Subjects No. of Questions Time Duration
Physics 60 3.5 hrs
Biology (Zoology & Botany) 60
General Knowledge 20