A Career in Naval Architecture: Naval technology has grown significantly over the years. With the help of marine navigation and shipping techniques, ships and sea vessels have also grown considerably. Due to all this, many such fields have emerged which are related to the study of Naval Technology. Naval architecture is an integral part of the shipping industry.
Career in Naval Architecture
It is the science and engineering related to designing and manufacturing ships going to sea such as ships, boats, powerboats, steamers, tug boats, fishing boats, warships, cruise ships, icebreakers and submarines. Apart from this, naval architecture is also related to the design and manufacturing of all types of structures, commercial and military at sea.
You can do undergraduate and post graduation courses in this field. To graduate in Naval Architecture, 12th pass with PCM is necessary. All subjects must have at least 50 percent number combined.
To do post graduation in Naval Architecture, it is necessary to have BE / BTech pass in Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Marine Engineering / Naval Architecture / Nautical Science / Shipbuilding / Aeronautical Engineering and at least 50% number in all subjects.
Admission Procedure and Fees:
For admission to the Graduate course in the college of choice, it is necessary to pass the entrance examination. Some of the major entrance exams are like this. Marine Engineering / Research Institute Entrance Examination, IITG, AICET and IMUCET. The post graduation course in Naval Architecture consists of admission based on GATE exam score and personal interview and group discipline.
You can do the course from the institutions mentioned further.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Academy of Maritime Education and Training
- Indian Maritime University, Vizag
- Delhi Maritime Academy
- International Maritime Academy
- School of Ocean Engineering, VELS Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies
- IIT Madras
- Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
Salary and Job Profile:
This is how Naval Architecture’s job profile and annual average salary package are.
1. Marine Engineer gets package upto Rs. 12 lakhs per annum,
2. Ship operator up to Rs. 5.46 lakhs per annum,
3. Port Manager up to Rs. 2.40 lakhs per annum,
4. Quality Systems Engineer up to Rs. 5.6 lakhs per annum,
5. Coastal engineer gets up to Rs 6.8 lakh annually,
6. Oceanographer gets up to Rs 10.8 lakh annually,
7. Marine surveyor gets up to Rs 5.57 lakh annually.