Each year around 10-12 lakh people enroll for UPSC. Selecting an optional topic plays a very important role in the mains examination. Aspirants are in a major issue when coming to the choice of the optional topic.
UPSC Civils Mains Exam Marks Weightage:
|Paper II||General Studies I||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||250|
|Total Marks for General Studies||1000|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject I||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Subject II||250|
|Total Marks for Optional Subjects||500|
Popular Optional Subjects for UPSC Civils Mains Exam:
After 2-3 months of research, we have come up with the popular optional subjects that have chosen by most of the aspirants in the mains exam.
|Subject||Average No. of Aspirants Chosen every year|
|Philosophy + Psychology + Political Science & Economics||Less than 2100|
|Science/Arts Subjects||Less than 1200|
|Literature Subjects||Less than 1200|
How to Select Optional Subject for UPSC
- In accordance with the latest telling, the discretionary subject to be chosen by the candidate is decreased to ONE and the highest score for your discretionary is 500 marks.
- Here we’ve produced the article which helps you in selecting the Best Optional Issue in UPSC Mains Examination.
- According to the legends in this area, the variety of the optional topic totally depends upon the character of the candidate as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the candidate.
- Before choosing the optional subject for the mains examination, the aspirant must understand and comprehend his skill. And then he knows in which discretionary subject he can score more.
- Even though the questions such as “How to select the optional topic “, “Maximum scoring optional topic “, “Highest success ratio optional” are endless questions that nobody can answer.
Conclusion: So men do not refer to sites and other resources for selecting an optional topic because nobody knows about your strengths and weaknesses better than you.