It’s extremely important to follow a tried and tested methodology of revision while preparing for NEET Exam. Given below is a list of points to be considered while making a study plan
NEET Exam Study Tips & Suggestions
General Study Tips :-
1) At least 6 to 7 hours of effective self study per day.
2) Prepare a list of weak topics of all the 3 subjects.
3) If you have a habit of studying at night, then this is the best opportunity for you to change your habit. One must wake up early and then study, as our glucose level is highest then. Also, our exam will be around 10:30 a.m. so we must be in an active state during that time. You could go for a walk around 5:30/6 a.m for half an hour, then have a bath and study. This way you’ll keep yourself healthy and mind will be fresh, leading to better concentration and you also won’t feel sleepy.
4) Avoid joining any NEET Exam crash courses as it is best to revise at your own. However, it would be great to clear your doubts of your weak topic that day itself, so you could request your teacher for a doubt clearing session.
5) You must not waste your time doing MCQ’s of biology. Cover up the theory first and then do some previous year questions for gaining confidence.
6) Make a small booklet for formulas of physics for all the chapters of 11th and 12th. Go through them once or twice a day. You cant afford to loose marks because of not being able to recall the formula during the exam.
7) Name reactions of chemistry should also be written on a sheet of paper and stick it on your study table.
8) You must make a list of topics before you sleep, that you would do the next day, and keep crossing out the topics when you complete them. This would motivate you to finish your task.
9) Do all the 3 subjects each day rather than focusing on only one.
SUBJECT WISE TIPS
1) NEET Exam Tips For Biology
– Topics like kingdoms and plant morphology are very scoring but examples are difficult to remember. So they need multiple revisions before the exam. Make tables of the examples and spend 2-3 hours on every weekend to revise them. This way they’ll be at your tips on the day of the exam and you’ll surely score better.
– Since biology is more of a facts based subject, it’ll be shear wastage of time, energy and money to buy different books for theory. NCERT should be your only book since 95% questions of biology are direct and NCERT based. All the diagrams and tables are important.
– On a daily basis, 2-3 hours of study of biology is a must.
– Also take a note of additional information of some topics given at the back of the NCERT.
– If you want to study some topics out of NCERT, just to cover the risk of approx 5% – 10% questions that might not get covered through NCERT, refer to NCERT EXEMPLAR problems. The book has different types of questions and some are out of NCERT too.
2) NEET Exam Tips For Chemistry
For most students chemistry is not very difficult. but if you feel differently, don’t worry. We’re here to guide you!
– For physical chemistry, practice as many questions as you can. You could do NCERT intext and back questions and then move to MCQ’s of this book. This book covers all important concepts and types of questions.
– For inorganic chemistry, NCERT theory is sufficient. Some people learn the facts and trends through questions so the book mentioned above would be of great help.
– For organic, questions might be a bit tricky and out of syllabus, so you could refer, which would give you a better understanding of the topic and also some extra topics and name reactions.
-Your concepts should be crystal clear. From nomenclature to reaction mechanisms, don’t skip anything. You have enough time to cover every topic.
3) NEET Exam Tips For Physics
It is a subject which is hated by many medical students, but now is the final chance to overcome your fear of physics!
– Physics needs the most practice. Along with concepts, it is very important to be able to apply the formula.
– Some students who are weak in physics, feel they would rather focus on chemistry and biology, suggestion for them:- Don’t skip physics.
You could do the basics but skipping it entirely would be very risky.
Both of these are very good books, choose as per your liking.
Also when about 45 days are left, you could and should do questions from This Book
– For average students: questions from this book is a must. You have a very high scope of improving physics and thus score well. So don’t give up.
– For more than average students: you must go through previous year questions of JEE mains. This Book would increase your speed and efficiency.
Suggestions For Improving your NEET Exam Preparation Efficiency
-Take short breaks from study after 1.5 hours. This would increase your efficiency.
– Keep munching something healthy after regular intervals to ensure proper glucose level.
– Practice previous year papers in 3 hours from 10:30 a.m to 1:30 p.m. this way your efficiency on the day of exam would be high and your body will adapt accordingly.
– Keep only positive thoughts in your mind and keep working hard.
GOOD LUCK For your Exams!!