Sainik Schools Entrance Examination 2021: Sainik Schools admit boys in classes VI & IX on the basis of their merit in the Entrance Examination and an Interview and in Class XI boys are admitted on the basis of the marks scored in Class X Board examination.
Sainik Schools are fully residential schools run on public school lines. All the schools are members of All India Public Schools Conference. They offer a common curriculum and are affiliated to the CBSE, New Delhi. While developing a wholesome personality of the boys so that they are fit for the NDA, the schools also prepare boys for class-X and XII examination of the CBSE as well as UPSC exam for the NDA.
The medium of instruction is English even though English is not a pre-requisite for admission. Since these schools prepare boys for NDA in the +2 stage only the Science stream is offered. Besides academic excellence, the students are encouraged to develop creative faculties through co-curricular activities and socially useful work.
Sainik Schools admit boys in classes VI & IX on the basis of their merit in the Entrance Examination and an Interview and in Class XI boys are admitted on the basis of the marks scored in Class X Board examination.
Boys seeking admission in Class VI should be 10-11 yrs of age and for Class IX they should be aged 13-14 yrs as on 01 July in the year admission is being sought.
Prospectus & Application Form:
The prospectus and application form are available in the month of October every year and can be obtained from the respective school where the student wants to take admission. The application form can also be applied online by clicking on the link sainikschooladmission.in.
• Candidate has to use the only the ORIGINAL application form. Photocopy or Form downloaded
from the internet will NOT be accepted.
• Use Black/Blue pen only to write and darken the circles.
• Fill all columns neatly in CAPITAL Letters only.
• Incomplete/unsigned/ wrongly filled and without photograph forms shall be rejected without intimation.
• There are four choices available under the Column “School Applied For”. Choice 1 indicates the School in which a candidate seeks admission. The other three choices are to be filled IF AND ONLY IF, a candidate is willing to be considered for admission in any other Sainik School where a vacancy may be available.
• Paste one recent passport photograph firmly (DO NOT STAPLE OR PIN-UP) in the space
• In the first field fill clearly the name of the candidate as mentioned in the birth certificate.
• Give one box gap between First / Middle / Surname.
• In the second field mention your Date of Birth as mentioned in the birth certificate.
• In the third field mention code for State/UT of domicile. For State/UT code please refer to the table 1