UPSC Exam is among the most competitive exams in the county. Its conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The few most popular services under this test listed below.
The Civil Services Examination is a nationwide competitive examination in India. Its conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India. Including the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, and Indian Police Service.
Exam process in 3 phases
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
Educational eligibility required to apply for the examination is graduate level in any of the established University/Institution with a minimum percentage of marks.
UPSC Exam Eligibility
Curious candidates can assess the other qualification criteria which are Nationality, Age limitation, Educational Qualification, No. of effort, etc., in the below section.
Qualification Criteria for UPSC Exam:
- For IAS & IPS, the candidates should have the Indian citizenship
- aside from the aforementioned services for the other services applicants should have some of the below requirements
- Indian Citizenship (or)
- A citizen of Nepal nation or a subject of Bhutan (or)
- A Candidate from different countries (Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Pakistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Vietnam) with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification for UPSC Exam:
- Applicants should complete their degree from any of the recognized universities/Institutions from the state or central government.
Age Limit UPSC Exam:
- General: (21-32) Years
- OBC: (21-35) Years
- SC/ST: (21-37) Years
- PH Nominees: No Upper Age Limit
Number of Efforts for UPSC Exam (Category wise):
- General: 6
- OBC: 9
- SC/ST: Endless (Up to age 37 Years)
Note 1: Candidates who apply for the prelims examination and appear in the examination will count as 1 attempt (Does not matter if you qualify, disqualify or cancel the examination ).
Note 2: Candidates who apply for the prelims exam and don’t attend the exam won’t count as an attempt.
No. Of individuals apply for the examination (Typical ): 9 – 10 Lakh Students
Approximate No. Of individuals look in the prelims examination: 5 -7 Lakh
Mains Exam: Depends upon the qualified individuals in the prelims examination
Typical No. of Vacancies: 500 – 1200